On 8 December 2021 the Monetary Policy Council held a meeting.
The Council decided to increase the NBP reference rate by 0.50 percentage point. The Council set the NBP interest rates at the following levels:
- reference rate at 1.75% on an annual basis;
- lombard rate at 2.25% on an annual basis;
- deposit rate at 1.25% on an annual basis;
- rediscount rate at 1.80% on an annual basis;
- discount rate on bills of exchange at 1.85% on an annual basis;
The resolution of the Monetary Policy Council shall enter into force on 9 December 2021.