On 6 April 2022 the Monetary Policy Council held a meeting.
The Council decided to increase the NBP interest rates by 1.00 percentage points. The Council set the NBP interest rates at the following levels:
- reference rate at 4.50% on an annual basis;
- lombard rate at 5.00% on an annual basis;
- deposit rate at 4.00% on an annual basis;
- rediscount rate at 4.55% on an annual basis;
- discount rate on bills of exchange at 4.60% on an annual basis;
The resolution of the Monetary Policy Council shall enter into force on 7 April 2022.