Konferencje i seminaria NBPTerminy | Program | Kontakt
Terminy | Program | Kontakt
7th NBP Summer Workshop
11-15 June 2018
The 7th NBP Summer Workshop is an annual event that brings together Polish economists affiliated with both domestic and foreign institutions. Its aims are to provide space for exchange of ideas and to lay foundations for future cooperation.
Speakers present their original work and discuss issues related to macroeconomics and finance. The seminar is an event where discussion is lively and no questions are too difficult to be asked.
- The Private Production of Safe Assets
Marcin Kacperczyk (with Christophe Pérignon and Guillaume Vuillemey) – (PDF)
- Cross-market liquidity and dealer profitability: Evidence from the CDS and bond markets
Paweł Szerszeń (with Sirio Aramonte) – (PDF)
- Natural Rate of Interest in a small open economy with application to CEE countries
Maciej Stefański – (PDF)
- Interbank Market Turmoils and the Macroeconomy
Paweł Kopiec – (PDF)
- Speculative Bubbles, Heterogeneous Beliefs, and Learning
Jan Werner – (PDF)
- Long-Run Trade Elasticity and the Trade-Comovement Puzzle
Jaromir Nosal (with Lukasz A. Drozd and Sergey Kolbin) – (PDF)
- Risk taking channel – does it operate in the Polish banking sector?
Tomasz Chmielewski (with Tomasz Łyziak and Ewa Stanisławska) – (PDF)
- The nexus between oil prices and the US dollar
Karol Szafranek – (PDF)
- Craft Lending: The Role of Small Banks in Small Business Finance
Michał Kowalik (with Lamont Black) – (PDF)
- Political (In)Stability of Social Security Reform
Krzysztof Makarski (with Oliwia Komada and Joanna Tyrowicz) – (PDF)
- Optimal Income Taxation and Commitment on the Labor Market
Paweł Doligalski – (PDF)
- On the Optimal Labor Income Share
Jakub Growiec (with Peter McAdam and Jakub Mućk) – (PDF)
- What’s in a wedge? Misallocation and Taxation in the Oil Industry
Radosław Stefański, (with Gerhard Toews) – (PDF)
- Financial Frictions, Trade, and Misallocation
Michał Szkup, (with David Kohn and Fernando Leibovici) – (PDF)
- What happens when firms invest? Investment events and firm performance
Michał Gradzewicz – (PDF)
Information on participation:
- Participation in the workshop is free of charge.
- The workshop will be held in English. Interpretation into Polish will not be provided.
The workshop will take place at the premises of Narodowy Bank Polski, ul. Świętokrzyska11/21, Warszawa, room 129 F.
- Michał Brzoza-Brzezina
- Marcin Kolasa
- Krzysztof Makarski
- Jan Werner